Sunday, March 25, 2007

A fine Sunday morning in wonderland

I really slept in today and managed to stay in bed until 11:30. Nice long sleep. mmmm.

I heard the TV on around 9, so I knew she was up and about. I went down, fed the fishies, made comments about the fishies and how much we like the black one - a very cool looking cichlid. I asked Mama if she'd eaten and she said "yes, a little, not much." That meant she had a donut hole or maybe 2 or 3 coconut cookies. Ok, I'll make something that resembles breakfast. I got her pills out and put them on her table and told her that I was making something to eat. The old rule about not taking her pills on an empty stomach is still in effect, but... not in use. Erg. when I brought out her breakfast, the pills were gone. I just didn't say anything. I know she can't help it. Now I know, give her food, then give her pills.

So, while we are having breakfast, well, in this case, it was more like lunch -

her: hot dog and potato salad,

me: oatmeal! YAY! More oatmeal!

I turned on the weather channel to see what was up for the day. There was a commercial for these nifty gloves that peel potatoes and carrots and even APPLES! YES peeler gloves. About 1/2 way through the commercial Mama pipes up with this pearl.

"I don't like potatoes."

Then.

And then.

Yes, right then.

She took a fork-full of potato salad and ate it.

"Oh, then why do you ask me to get it for you every week?"

"That's because it's easy to make with a sandwich."

"But if you don't like it, I can get other things."

"I just like potato salad."

"What about potato chips?"

"And I like them too. I don't like most kinds of potatoes!"

"What about mashed potatoes?"

"Oh, I like those."

"So, you don't like potatoes except in salad, mashed, and chips?"

"I don't like French Fries."

"What about Tater-Tots."

"What are those?"

"The little nugget sort of things."

"Oh yes, I like those too."

Check yer sanity at the door, you won't need it in here.

No comments: