Friday, April 20, 2007

The Questions of the Week

Mama's still not quite with it this week. I'm not sure if it's still from Aunt Edith, of if she's just having a bad few days. I got these questions from her over the last few days...

"Do I usually sleep downstairs?"

She ALWAYS sleeps downstairs and has for about 8 months.... maybe longer.

"Is Papa's car in the garage? I can't find him."

Papa's been dead for over 2 years.

"Do I have any underwear?"

Well, yes. Since she's become too lazy to go and PEE if she's wearing diapers, we are trying to get her to wear her underwear and 'pee-pads.' It works some days. Not others. Apparently she decided that the bag that the pads are in is garbage and put her used diapers in it. Lovely.

"Have you seen my Reader's Digests?"

Yes, they are on the table. The same place they were the last 5(!!!!) times you asked in the last 20 minutes.

"Is this a movie?"

She asked that while we were watching CSI. You know, the show we watch about 10 times a week. No shit, at least 10 times.

"What day is it?"

Friday. Ok, well, she asks that EVERY day.

"Does Debbie come today?"

No.

"Does anybody come?"

Oh. My. God.

Today she told me that Darlene called and said she'd be here at 4. That's a bit later than usual, but it's cool. Then she told me that Darlene NEVER came. Which is wrong, since I got a brand new note from her about not having any bread left.

She also told me that since it's getting warm she could wear her shorts. But she didn't think she had any.

Out of sight, out of mind.

No comments: